CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS (973) 731-2161
Remi concentrates her practice in the areas of state and federal litigation. She has vast experience representing individuals, families and businesses in criminal investigations and prosecutions. Remi has represented clients in connection with internal and government investigations, as well as mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, health care fraud, money laundering, tax fraud, bribery, public corruption, unlawful possession of drugs, assault, endangering the welfare of a child, murder, attempted murder, sex trafficking and sex assault. Remi also has extensive experience representing individuals charged with DUI/DWI and other serious motor vehicle offenses throughout this state.
Remi has argued matters of first impression before the New Jersey Supreme Court and Appellate Division. Remi has represented individuals in high profile, newsworthy matters and achieved successful results for those clients. Remi is a former Union County Assistant Prosecutor where she focused her practice in the area of Domestic Violence.
* Super Lawyers Magazine selected Remi as one of three attorneys to feature in its annual publication (2016), and has consistently designated Remi as a "Super Lawyer" since 2011, as well as one of the top 50 NJ female attorney based upon peer review surveys;
* "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" National Trial Lawyers Association in 2014-2018
* "Criminal Trial Attorney of the Year" Essex County Bar Association (2014)
* "Service Award" Seton Hall University (2017)
* Vice-Chair of the New Jersey Supreme Court Ethics Fee Arbitration Committee, District V-A (2013-2017)
* President of the Alumni Council at Seton Hall University School of Law (2016-2017)
* Adjunct Professor of Appellate Practice, Seton Hall University School of Law (2003-2006)
* Trustee and Executive Board Member of the Trial Attorneys of New Jersey (2011-2018)
* Remi is a frequent commentator on cases of national interest. Since 2007, Ms. Spencer has appeared on most local and national cable news networks: CBS, NBC, ABC, FNC, MSNBC, FBN, CNN, CNN Headlines News, TruTV (formerly Court TV)
Remi received her B.A. degree from Boston College (1998) and her J.D. degree from Seton Hall University School of Law (2002)
Remi is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Essex County Bar Association.
* State of New Jersey
* State of New York
* U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
* U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
This website is for informational purposes only. Using this site or communicating with Spencer & Associates Counselors at Law, LLC through this site does not form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising.
Copyright © 2018